Alongside developing new features for the iOS application, I managed the whole mobile development team during my first year and a half at Heetch.
During this time, I introduced reactive programming (using rxswift and rxjava) in the codebases, was doing code review on both platforms, planned the migration from objective-c to swift, implemented new iOS screens, contributed to our API redesign and gave feedback on product evolution.
After that, when the team grew, I focused on client-server communications. This implied designing the evolution of our protocol, adding key performance indicator monitoring and implementing new feature on the whole stack (swift, ruby and go).
I was a member of the web product team. The biggest project I took on was a rebuild of the company’s integration with the PayPal API. I had to compose with existing code and subscriptions that would need to stay functional after the modifications I made.
I was also asked to create new API endpoints and their respective front-end interface (the API was written using Ruby-on-Rails and the front-end using Ember.js).
I also made modifications to the chat servers that were written with Python using Tornado.
But what I remember the most from my experience at Twitch was experiencing the workflows of a bay-area start up. It was also my first english-based work experience.
The company was developing, amongst other things, a skeleton application for restaurants. I worked on a refactoring of the memory and network management of this app.
I also built from scratch a small advertising application for a Taxi company (Taxi Cannes).
During the last 2 months of my internship, I took on the bootstrapping of a new application that was meant to be the mobile front-end for a 3rd party taxi reservation system. In this scope, I wrote a user management system using PHP and Symfony and created the iOS client app.
In the scope of my end-of-first-year internship, I took a position within the school’s administration. I was a teaching assistant for 1st year students, and helped them through numerous projects, all of them written in C.
It was a great experiment that helped me consolidate the knowledge I acquired the year before. Aside from that, I also built an automatic correction program using Python and took on an experiment building a drawing software using the Microsoft Kinect.